Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Why do I do these things?

Today I did something even worse than the random ear-piercing. Lucas has work meetings this week, so he wanted a hair cut - you know, gotta look presentable and all. Then, I figured, while the clippers were out, I would do the boys' hair. THEN...Meagan asked if I would cut her hair. Well...I have been thinking of getting her hair cut for the past few weeks. It has been taking on that stringy straggly little girl hair look, and really needed a touch-up. However, NEVER had it crossed my mind to cut it myself.

Until tonight. My thought process went something like this... Worst case scenario, it doesn't work, and I have to pay Cassie to fix it. No different than paying Cassie to do it in the first place. Right? Hmmm...not sure if that logic really works, but I went with it anyway. So...I cut her hair. I cut a good 2 or 3 inches off at least. It's really actually quite cute, although I'm not sure it's the most even and clean-cut hair-do in the world. I may eventually have Cassie touch it up, but for now it will do.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh how badly I need a lesson in cutting boys hair. I even have the clippers. But everytime I try... it is OBVIOUS that mom cut their hair... like only-a-little-boy-could-pull-it-off-bad.

Marc won't even let me try his anymore. But I could save SO MUCH MONEY! And we even have a friend cut it now for a deal.

Boy's hair grow SO stinkin' fast. Good job on cutting Megan's hair. Very brave and cute!

Rebecca H. said...

LOL! I had the opposite problem... I had NO intentions of ever learning to cut anyone's hair. However, I am married to the most frugal man on earth, and he is not about to pay $$ for someone to run clippers over his head. Thus, I either learned, or he let his hair grow out infinitely. :)

Anonymous said...

You did a great job!!! She looks
so cute.

Love ya,

Nancy