Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wanna See?

Okay. After a LONG hiatus from blogging, I'm back again. It's just been a C.R.A.Z.Y. chunk of time in my life, and I've had ZERO time to sit at the computer to blog or scrap or even browse the internet really. I have 10 minutes this morning before I have to wake the kids up for school, so I'll take advantage of the quiet time. It might be all I get today, who knows!

Sunday morning Sebastian competed in the IN boys state meet for gymnastics, and he did GREAT!! He is now officially 'state champ' in 2 events, and co-champ in a third. Nice! He placed 1st on high bar and floor, tied for 1st on parallel bars, and placed 2nd all-around! We are SO proud of him. (I, however, am still having a bit of a tough time letting go of some judging inconsistencies, but I guess that's what you get with a subjectively scored sport, right? I'm gonna have to let it go.)

So here are the videos I have that turned out pretty well. One he fell (pommel horse), so I'm not posting that just to save him the embarrassment. And one (vault), a guy walked right in front of my video camera as Sebastian was going, so I mostly got the top of the guys head as I tried to shoot over him. grrrr

Rings: 15.1, 2nd place


Parallel Bars: 14.7, tied for 1st


High Bar: 15.1, 1st place


Floor: 15.4, 1st place


Vault: 14.9, 5th place

Pommel Horse: 13.7, 3rd place

All-Around: 87.9, 2nd place

We are SOOOO proud of him! He had a great first year in gymnastics! Now they've started working on level 5 skills, and he is being challenged and having a blast!

**********

No comments: