Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Book Worm

Well, I wish I had something fantastic and interesting to tell you, but since I've had my nose buried in a book since Saturday morning, not much to report. Friday was the Harry Potter release, which I have had on my calender for MONTHS. Nicole and I had planned on going to Meijer to get the book Friday night/Saturday morning, since it went on sale at 12:01. When I went next door to see her, though, she looked awful (sorry, Nicole, if you're reading this - but I know it's nothing you don't already know). She was having a noticeable allergy attack, and her eyes were nearly swollen shut. Yikes! I could tell she didn't feel like going anywhere. So, I went solo. I was worried I would be bored just standing there by myself. But I had forgotten my seeming ability to talk to almost anyone. So, by the end of the evening, myself and three other ladies were having a great time laughing and talking, making predictions about the book, and discussing our children and whatever else came up. We drank 'pumpkin juice' that the Meijer employees were handing out, and tried to scheme up ways to steel the guy's Harry glasses from his back pocket without him noticing - all in fun, though (no real steeling took place!). It was 12:30 when I got home...not bad, I guess. I got there at 10:45, and the line was already absurd, stretching more than 2/3 of the way down the long aisle to the back of the store. By the time they actually began handing out the books, the line wrapped all the way to the back on one side of the store, across the back of the store, and back up toward the front on the other side. And that was just in our rinky-dinky town. I was glad I showed up when I did, or I would have been waiting for quite a while!

So, I've already started reading, OF COURSE! I have put it down for meals, bedtimes, and a few play times. But I took full advantage of nap times both yesterday and today! And guess what I'm doing when they go to bed? I'd say right now I'm about a third of the way through the book.

But can I just say that my husband is FIRED! He turned to the back of the book and started reading it OUT LOUD to me. Enough that I know the names of a few people that make it all the way to the end...that I wish I didn't know, but what's done is done. I must say that for one or two of the names I was relieved...I'll leave it at that because I know some of you are reading it too, and I don't want it to be spoiled for you like my darling husband spoiled it for me. (wink).

Anyway, off to DQ for ice cream treats and then kids in the tub and then a family movie and then bed, and then MORE READING! I just can't put it down for long! It's not the first time in my life that I've been accused of being a book worm, and I'm sure it won't be the last!

2 comments:

Deidra Faith said...

AMEN!! I can't wait to stop doing some much needed work tonight so I can get into that book again!! We were gone all day so I didn't get to read...AHHHHH!!!

Kelli said...

Well, I have to admit that I have been bit by the Harry Potter bug, also. Although I am way behind. I am currently only on book 4. But I feel the same way - been reading the past books every chance I get. Maybe, just maybe, by the time I get to book 7, I will be able to get that one from the library, too. :) (I read it's been on hold for months already).