Pages

Friday, July 13, 2007

Harry Potter

So Deidra, in case you're wondering, here's my take on Harry Potter...

I thought it was a great movie - very entertaining. However, compared to the book, it seemed like they played Harry Potter Legos...they took all the story pieces apart, and put them back together in whatever order they wanted, leaving some of the pieces laying on the floor. It seemed like the general story line was the same...at least they accomplished the same general end and all...but they had things in a strange order. Did you think? And while I didn't mind most of their changes, there were a few that bugged me - like blaming Cho (who knows why that bothers me?). But, like you said, if you take the movie alone, separate from the book, it was quite entertaining. I will definitely go see it again before it's out of theaters.

We saw it in IMAX 3D. The IMAX part was sweet! But I really didn't care for the 3D. It hurt my eyes....but I can't even look in my kids' view finders very well, so I don't know why I didn't expect it to bug me. Oh well. It was worth it to see it that big, and with such a clear picture and awesome sound!

Only 1 more week until the book!

1 comment:

Deidra Faith said...

I SO AGREE! The Cho thing bothered me the most. I was a little bothered how they decided Harry came across Snape's memories. Didn't make much sense to put him out of lessons when he was just seeing the memories Snape had as opposed to seeing them in the pensieve (I think I may have spelled that wrong). It makes me wonder with the changes they made in this movie, what ones they'll HAVE to make in book six. But again, I'm with you. I'll see it again before it leaves the theaters and I'll buy it the day it comes out on DVD cause it was still an awesome movie!!!