Pages

Monday, July 23, 2007

DONE

DONE! I finished my book around 6:30 this evening. Meagan took a long nap today, which let me get ahead a little, but I must admit, I read through play time outside and read while I made dinner (which was less than mediocre LOL), and read when I went to the bathroom, and any other chance I could. Last night I stayed up until 1:00, knowing I would pay for it this morning, but I just COULDN'T put it down. There was so much information to take in, and each chapter ended with just enough to not be quite enough, and I had no choice but to read on.

So more than once this afternoon I sat in my living room with eyes full of tears, at one point I was bordering on bawling... And after reading the whole story, all seven books, and thinking on it now for a few hours, I am completely amazed at her ability to weave so many details together. Just to see the ultimate weight of seemingly menial decisions that characters make throughout the stories, all coming down to the end events. I'm very impressed with her writing abilities, to say the least. She is an amazing story teller. And I find myself, just a little, wishing to believe that Ron, Harry, Hermione, the Weasley's and the others really exist somewhere...much the same way I felt after reading the Lord of the Rings. Let's just say, I'm already considering reading it again.

2 comments:

Deidra Faith said...

I'm so jealous!!!!!!!! I wish I had more time! I've been in the bathroom A LOT trying to get some reading done! I did manage about 5 chapters so far today and as soon as I finish these last five cards, I'm going to go read some more until I HAVE to go to bed. When I get a chance, I'll have to tell you about the "spiritual" discussion that came up about Harry Potter...

Kelli said...

Ok, I know this is an old post for you and hopefully you have your settings so that you will get this comment without going past to look at previous posts. But I HAD to go back and look up your post when you finished the book. I just finished it and feel so - like I need to discuss or something... I don't know. I feel much of same way you mentioned in your post. Ok, I am totally not making sense at all. Anyway, I end before I make a bigger fool of myself. :)