Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It was a good day

What a day! I love Wednesdays!! It's one of my favorite days of the week - besides Tuesday and Thursday, and Friday (and Saturday and Sunday and Monday...okay I'm being a dork, but as I was thinking about it, there really are things that I love and look forward to every day of the week...moving on). I love Wednesday's for a few reasons in particular. First, it's a day home with Meagan. Also, I enjoy watching her at gymnastics and spending that time with her. I also (usually, barring FREEEEEZING COLD WEATHER) enjoy watching Sebastian's football games. And when there's not football, I really look forward to Wed. night church and seeing all the kids on the bus. And also usually Wednesday is my get-together or talk-on-the-phone night with one of my favorite friends in the whole world (not to offend any of my other favorite friends in the whole world, of course!). So anyway, you can see that Wednesday's are typically good days.

Well, this morning, we woke up to a baby girl in our bed, sleeping in between us. She obviously had made her way in some time during the early morning. So, although I'm not a fan of letting our kids sleep with us, it was a nice surprise to wake up next to the most beautiful little girl face in the whole world. The good mood of the morning continued, with the boys getting up, eating, and getting ready for school with plenty of time to spare. Nice start!

Gymnastics was adorable, as usual. She's just so darn cute when she's concentrating so hard! I talked to her coach a bit more after practice today, and have decided to go ahead and move her up to the next class level starting at the beginning of November. I really wasn't going to, because I didn't want to push her to fast. But after watching her last 2 or 3 practices, I really think it will be to her benefit. She's starting to get aggravated with the other kids' getting distracted from what's going on. I think she has realized that when they do that, her coach has to stop everything so that he can bring them back in line with what they should be doing. She's not a fan of all the stopping and starting and waiting and repeating. An example...today she went through their beam rotations 3 times before the others got through it once. She is just spending a lot of time waiting around on the others. So, I'm going to try putting her in the next level up to see if that suits her better. She's excited to be able to practice in the big gym instead of the preschool gym. I'll let you know how it goes.

After gymnastics, it was pretty late (almost 1:00) before we left there. So, we decided to have a special girls lunch date. We went to Steak-n-Shake, which she absolutely LOVED because she got a banana milk shake all her own. That makes a happy girl! :) So, we didn't get home until about 2:00.

I laid down with her at nap time...just for a few minutes, I thought...to help her settle down from all the activity. I'm not sure which one of us actually fell asleep first, me or her! LOL! It's been a while since I've had an afternoon nap. That was pretty nice! Until Lucas called and woke me up! (Actually I was glad he did, because, like I said, I had only planned on laying down for a few minutes).

For the rest of the afternoon, I was pretty groggy / lazy. I read a little, and laid around (it's crazy how naps can make you feel more tired, isn't it?). For dinner, I decided I would be a very nice wife and make a meal that Lucas loves but that I'm not really a fan of (to put it mildly)... so I made sloppy joes. BUT. There's more. I made them with deer meat. I thought maybe it would be a way to use some of the ground meat we have. By the time I got to the point of mixing the sauce in with the meat though, it was evident to me that I was going to struggle to eat this meal. It looked like BBQ soup! I don't know, I have a weird issue with food textures, and that texture / consistency was ALL WRONG! I tried, but I really only managed about two bites (nibbles) before I had to quit. If I would have kept eating, it wouldn't have been pretty. I admit, I know where Sebastian gets his irritating dinner issues - like gagging down food and having stare-downs with dinners he doesn't want to eat. Hmmm... moving on.

Anyway, we froze at football. They did not win. Sebastian played pretty well though. After football, I was pretty hungry, so I did a taco bell drive through. I brought it home and left it on the table while we read stories and got everyone tucked in. I came back down about 20 minutes later to warm it up and eat it, only to find that it wasn't what I ordered.

Since I was going out anyway (to get my order corrected...because I was not about to eat a steak something or other that was drowning in some kind of goopy sauce stuff!), I decided to drop by the church first and help with the take-home bus route. Well, one of the girls on our bus couldn't get into her house when we stopped because no one was home. So, she ended up riding the bus back to the church, and I took her home later (after exchanging my taco bell, of course!). It was a busy night, but a good one. It was a good day!

No comments: