Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Tubby Scrubby


Journaling: There once was a time in my life when the shower was one of the few places, as a mother, where I could be alone...a quiet place to think without interruption...to relax and unwind. Those days are gone (along with the days of general bathroom privacy). Somehow, you have made your way into my shower routine on an almost-daily basis. As soon as you hear the water turn on, you come running into the bathroom..."I want to take a shower with you!" At first I was set against it. I wanted to keep my shower time to myself. But when you came in fully loaded with all your tubby supplies...soap, wash cloth, a whole collection of scrubbies, and even a rinsing cup...well, really, how could I resist those big blue eyes and that big silly grin? My showers may no longer be havens of peace and relaxation, but they have certainly become more interesting.

No comments: