Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Productivity

Well, it ended up being a rather productive day yesterday. Once I got started, I was on a roll! Meagan and I worked together to get some stuff organized and cleaned up. We organized the living room and cleared out the movies and clutter. We even wiped down the walls and moved some furniture around a bit.

Today was more of the same. We concentrated most of our efforts in Meg's room today. We got it cleaned, first & foremost (because it was a disaster area!), and then rearranged the furniture and wiped the walls down. The shelves in her closet are tidy even again, which they have not been since the explosion of Christmas gifts. She was SUPER excited about having her room "be different" and was really looking forward to sleeping in her bed since it's now on a different wall. I love that too, so I know what she means... after I rearrange a room, I like to just sit in it and take in the freshness of it! Funny the things that bring a sense of satisfaction! :)

We still have a LONG way to go... I haven't even touched the kitchen walls, or the walls in either staircase, or the upstairs hallway, or the boys room.... you get the point. There's lots to wipe down and patch. There's lots to get straightened up and organized. I already have about 8 bags full of kids' clothes and toys ready to go to the local pregnancy center (and a car seat, now that Meagan has outgrown it). And I still have a few closets and a basement full of stuff to go through. Aaahh, the joys of preparing to move! In the five years that we've lived here, our house has NEVER been as organized as it is right now... Why did I wait five years to start doing this? Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to actually LIVE organized? Just a thought... oh well... maybe next time! :)

Like I said before, I'll keep you posted. Until then, we'll just keep plugging along, preparing as though we are moving. If, for some reason, we don't end up moving, I guess we'll just have a very clean and organized house.

No comments: