Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

right now

One of my favorite things about my blog - and about scrapbooking and picture-taking for that matter - is the way that it captures the subtle changes in life. Yes, there are milestones and major moments, but it's the day-in and day-out of life that constitutes the greatest majority of our lives, and that moves us from one milestone to the next. I love to look back and remember where we've been and what we've seen and done and gone through. It gives me such a deeper appreciation of where we are. Sometimes, it's nothing so deep and retrospective, though. Sometimes it's just fun to reflect and smile at the memories.

So here are today's day-in and day-out that will all-too-soon be tomorrow's memories. Here's where we are right now.

Photobucket
Right now the kids are really into Goober pb&j. Not that it's my favorite thing in all the world, but I don't mind it. For now. When the jar is empty, we'll go back to the regular peanut butter in one jar and jelly in the other. But they love the pb&j stripes, which, of course, make it taste all the better. I will admit, I AM quite a fan of Goodber peanut butter and chocolate. Super tasty as a special little treat for pretzels or nuts or apple slices. Soooo yummy!

Photobucket
Right now we are watching our very last Netflix movie. It has to be returned by this Saturday or we pay for it. After being loyal Netflix customers for YEARS, we have sadly come to the decision to cancel our subscription. The service has just become something other than what it once was, and the price is no longer justified. We kept it this long because we were finishing watching the last season of Tudors on the instant stream. So now all we have left is this one last DVD to be mailed in. And our Netflix memories. *lol*

Photobucket
Right now there is a battle waging in our living room. Isaac has rediscovered his Civil War men, and he has them set to strike on the coffee table. True, it provides a little extra clutter in the room, but it's SO cute. There is just something about little plastic army men that stirs up nostalgia, don't you think? I love it.

Photobucket
Right now Charming (aka Big Guy, aka world's largest teddy bear) and the food buckets are setting up camp in the corner of the living room, tucked between the couch, end table and love seat. This has recently been dubbed Meagan's 'fort house,' and she plays in it when the boys are too busy with boy things to pay attention to her. Sometimes she even gets permission to pull the love seat cushions off and use them for walls or beds or whatever else she dreams up. I remember doing this quite often as a child... I LOVED making cushion forts. This should most definitely be present in every childhood, whenever possible.

Photobucket
Right now these two (the bunny and the hippo) go with Meagan EVERYWHERE in the mornings. As soon as she wakes up, she snags them up in her arms and drags them down to breakfast. Usually wherever they land for breakfast is where they stay for the rest of the morning, since she is truly MY daughter and takes every last possible second to get ready and goes running out the door at the last moment to catch the bus. Today they will probably sit on the Mt. Dew box and await her return (unless I get struck with the mood to clean... but I doubt it.)

Photobucket
Right now THIS is the scene in our front room. Pretty nice, huh? I have never really been thrilled with the way our furniture got set up on move-in day, but I've never known what else to do with everything... so it stayed where it was. Well, I've finally gotten bit with the bug to make a change. I want to LIKE our house and the way it functions. So I'm on a mission. However, it seems the mission has stalled a bit, leaving a BIG pile of random junk in the middle of the floor. Must see what I can do about that this week. I can't keep stepping over it. Boo.

Photobucket
Right now I am enjoying our newly-repaired kitchen floor. Due to water damage from a leaky back door, the floor had been torn up for a solid month & a half, maybe longer. We have been waiting for the door to get fixed properly before they would put the floor back down. So, now they say it should all be good. We will see. But I like not seeing sub-floor. And I like having the table in the middle of the floor instead of shoved up against the wall. And I LOVE my bargain rug I found at Meijer for $7.49. I was in need of a rug to put under the table that would be about 5x7 - wide enough to accommodate the table plus the stools when they're pulled out from the table. I was hoping to find one that was black-ish in some fashion, since the kitchen is being done up in green and black mostly. So when I found this 5x7 gray rug clearanced for $7.49, I felt OBLIGATED really to purchase it. I mean, it would have been fiscally irresponsible of me to pay the $150-ish I was thinking for the rugs I had been checking out. I bought it thinking it would be a cheap temporary solution until we could save up the money for a real rug. But now that it's down, I gotta say I rather like it.
Photobucket
So I think the rug will stay for a while.

**********

1 comment:

Val said...

I miss you so! I love that you blog just like you talk. It helps me with the missing you. I enjoy the pictures and the stories. Please squeeze the air out of your kids when they get home today. We love you guys! xooxoxxo