Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Layouts...

I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks since I've posted anything! I'm such a slacker!

Well, 2 weeks ago, we went camping. And then we got the kids ready for vacation with Grandpa & Grandma H. Last week, the kids were gone, and Lucas and I took the week to ourselves... which didn't really involve sitting down to blog much apparently. And while I have plenty of pictures, I don't have any resized and ready to share.  Plus, photobucket is being dumb and difficult right now. So, I'm going to skip that. 


Instead, all you're getting from me right now is a few layouts to get me caught up. And then I have to go get ready for the day. I've been a bum all morning, but it's about time for me to clean up my act and go do something. Plus, I'm working at the Bush/Nickleback concert tonight... I don't care one way or the other about Nickleback, but I L.O.V.E. Bush - at least some of their older stuff... hope they play plenty of that tonight. And besides, I get to spend the evening with some of my favorite friends, so that will be fun no matter who is playing on stage! 


Okay, so the layouts... here they are...


The story behind this one... this past weekend we hung out with Shane & Tina, and sometime late in the evening we watched the documentary It Might Get Loud, which is Jimmy Page, The Edge (from U2), and Jack White - 3 generations of guitarists - talking about making music with guitars. Loved it! I've been a Jimmy Page fan for years, so it was just fun to watch him, but I was really struck by Jack White. He's got a crazy creative mind. He's super eccentric and artsy, and fascinating. So on the way home from visiting, we dug out an old White Stripes album we've had since college and rediscovered his music. I gotta say, I'm a fan, as unexpected as that may seem.
(click to view credits)


Second layout... some of the TLP designers are featuring Christmas in July. I used some of Lauren Grier's Christmas goodies for this page of Meagan decorating our wooden Christmas tree last year. 
(click to view credits)

Last layout... on Monday Lucas and I went to St. Elmo's for a dinner date. Before we left, we snapped this picture of us together... seems we have very few photos with both of us, let alone only the 2 of us.
(click to view credits)

So there it is. I used lost of new Froggy Friday stuff in all 3 layouts. You can see TLP's Froggy Friday sale (20% off new releases today through the end of the weekend) in the TLP Shop.

**********

No comments: