Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

For the first time ever

For the first time ever, I made it through the first day of school without even a hint of getting choked up. No tears. No sentimentality. No difficulty swallowing. No sniffling. None of that. Does that make me a bad mom?

I don't think it does. I think it makes me a mom who has been doing this for 7 years and who has had a house full of kids all summer who were ready to get back to routine and normalcy. Yep. It was definitely just time for them to get back to their own lives and friends and learning and schedules. All good stuff after two months of lazing around.

So, just like last year, Sebastian's bus came early, and he was the first one to get off to school. He picked out his shirt to wear today... it says I am who I am... Your approval is not needed. That about sums him up. So I guess he just wanted to make his point on the first day. *lol*


Again, I kept pictures of him to a minimum, so as not to completely and utterly embarrass him. That has to make up a bit for the fact that I didn't get choked up, right? Yep, I say it does.

So, the other two... Isaac wore his new shark shirt, and Meagan, well, she went all fashionista. *rolls eyes* We are in so much trouble when her teen years roll around.




(By the way, she told me if I want, I can borrow her bracelet sometime... I just have to ask first to make sure it's okay. Sweet.)


And they're off. And I get a few quiet hours in the day. And I like it.

**********

No comments: