Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Food Revolution!

I'm sure that you all have heard about this... Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I missed the first episode on TV, but was so pumped to see that the whole episode is posted online. So I sat down tonight (after a 3-hour trip to the grocery store, ironically enough), and watched it. LOVED the concept! This has been a topic that has had my interest for some time now, and has been much of the catalyst to our Dining In endeavour. I realize that we have become way to dependent on and accustomed to fast food, processed food, and the like. And with everything in me, I am DETERMINED to make a change. I desperately want to find ways to prepare fresh, healthy meals that will work into our schedule. I want to create good habits for my kids, and for us as a family. I know that it is vital, for so many reasons, not the least of which is that we are working totally contrary to God's design and will for us when we put garbage into our amazingly designed body systems.

If you missed the first episode, here's a link to it: Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.
If you're at all interested, please take the time to watch it. I just think that it's so easy to forget how much really yucky junk is actually in the processed foods and all that is such a normal part of the every-day American way. This episode was a direct reminder and a push toward fresh whole foods. Mmm hmm. I feel inspired and ready to make up a menu!

No comments: