Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In Disarray

Well, we've wiped down most of the walls that really needed it; we've taken down pictures; we've patched and sanded the walls... just waiting to go get the paint on Friday so we can do some touching up.

As of right now, our house is in total disarray. There are piles of picture frames that have been taken down but not yet packed away. There is furniture that has been pulled away from the walls and is currently sitting at random in the middle of the room. There is laundry overflowing in the boys' hamper, and clean laundry overflowing on the ground. There are boxes and bags and piles in virtually every room.

And we have people coming over for small group tonight. Hmmm... could be interesting.

I'm just taking a quick break from all of the vacuuming and wiping and organizing and throwing away. But I'm about to get back to it. Hopefully I can at least find the living room and kitchen before this evening. Not sure where to put everything. Until I get some packing boxes, it may all end up piled high in our bedroom. Oh well. Temporary, right? That's what I keep telling myself so I don't go crazy (I may not like cleaning, but I can't stand a cluttery house!).

Pray for us that we get through this with our sanity and peace still in check. Maybe if I get a chance later (on my next break, perhaps), I'll try to post some "really messy house" pictures (LOL) so that you all can laugh at us a bit and get a feel for the chaos we are currently living in!

One step at a time. Keep moving forward. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has lucas found out where u might be going. We will be moving to portland oregon. Joe has to leave on april 7 so he can start on april 12th. It's going to be just me and the kids.

Rebecca H. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!! I've thought of you all day, but didn't get a chance to sit still long enough to give you a call! I'll try to buzz you this weekend and we can chat for a bit! Miss ya!! Hope you had a great birthday!