Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter!!

Last night before bed, Sebastian told me he was worried he wouldn't be able to sleep because it was the night before Easter and it's hard to sleep when he's excited. I love that! He's nearly 11, and he still gets excited about Easter. :) Then again, I'm 34 and I get excited about Easter, too!

Around here, Easter alway always means church on Easter morning.
Photobucket

Then we do Easter baskets... This year the kids each got 1 Skylander, 1 mini Webkinz, a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble, and 2 Reese's peanut butter eggs. I think each basket was a total of about $30. We keep it simple, because it's not about us getting stuff. It's about remembering what we've already been given.

Egg hunt... I have no idea how eggs ever became part of the Easter tradition. I'm sure I could find the answer to that somewhere on the internet, but I don't really care. It's fun to color the eggs. And it's extra fun to hide the eggs and watch the kids run around like crazies trying to find them. This year, Lucas hid Sebastian's. He said he was old enough for 'advanced egg hunting.'

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(It was windy *lol*)
Photobucket

An example of advanced egg hunting... Lucas unscrewed the light bulb, put the egg in, and screwed the bulb back into place. Poor Sebastian couldn't figure out how to get the egg out. Plus, he could barely reach, and was stretched to the max on his tippiest toes. And Lucas enjoyed every minute of it :)
Photobucket
Photobucket

And of course, no matter how healthy we're being around here, jelly beans are a MUST at Easter time. I couldn't find Jelly Belly's at the store, but I found some that are made with real fruit juice & no high fructose corn syrup. That counts as healthy, right? Plus, they were DELICIOUS, and they're almost gone already!
Photobucket

**********

No comments: