Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

Coloring Eggs '08

I have always struggled to scrap holidays, mostly because the pictures look the same every year. But when I really think about it, although the nature of the events don't change from one year to the next, there are little details about each year that are unique to that year. That's what I focused on for this layout - the little details of '08 that made our egg-coloring special.

Journaling: This year.......Grandma & Grandpa H. came up for Easter; Grandma helped us color eggs; Isaac didn't suck his dye-stained thumb; Meagan was old enough to color eggs with the boys; Sebastian mixed every one of his eggs in at least three colors; We left a mini basket of salad for the Easter Bunny to snack on.

You might have noticed that the style isn't as busy as I normally do. I bought an 'Simple Scrapbooks' last week at the grocery, and I was feeling inspired to try to simplify a bit. It still seemed like it took just as long as when I make it messy. ??? Go figure!

No comments: