Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

Wii Play (and other odds & ends)

I know I haven't been posting much, but things have been relatively quiet around here lately. No funny stories to share. No embarrassing moments to recount. Just life as usual. This weekend was beautiful, so we spent the better part of Saturday & Sunday outside playing. That was nice! And the kids have been sleeping GREAT from all the fresh air and exercise!

It's so funny to me, though...yesterday I asked the boys what they had been playing outside all day. They said 'Super-Smash Brothers' (which is a wii game that they're obsessed with). I asked again, thinking they had misunderstood me, but I got the same answer again. It seems that even when they're not playing wii, they're still playing it by acting it out. I overheard a portion of their play time later in the evening, and it was pretty funny. They were having a Pokemon training camp for all of the Pokemon characters to learn to battle against other characters who have a different fighting style. Wow! They were very detailed in their roll-play. I mean, they were getting in-depth, strategizing on how to deal with juggling characters (characters who can pick you up and keep hitting you back up into the air so you can't do anything against them...LOL...I would NEVER know this if I didn't have boys!) and so on. I was actually pretty impressed with how well they were communicating with each other, taking turns making decisions in the game (which is HUGE for Sebastian to not be the only one calling the shots), and playing off of each other. It was pretty cool. It's just funny to me that it was about wii. Oh well, boys will be boys!

Another thing about this weekend...Sunday our pastor asked me to tell a story for the introduction to the service. He taught on knowing God's voice, and wanted me to share a funny thing that had happened between he and I with a phone conversation a while back. You can listen to it here if you want (knowing it's Him). He had called me one day, and I didn't recognize his voice. Because I thought it was someone else, I got the conversation all turned around and confused. It ended up being pretty funny, and apparently made for a funny story to tell so that everyone could get a chuckle at my expense (just kidding - I really don't mind at all. It takes a lot more than that to embarrass me!). But it was pretty fun to be able to share that. I'm coming to realize that I really enjoy public speaking (I know, I'm kind of on my own on that one!), and I really do like it when I get a chance to do it. Something about it is very satisfying to me.

Anyway...

Oh! Another thing I wanted to share with you...Last weekend Sebastian had a story published in our weekly news publication. It was a story he had written in kindergarten - not really sure why they're just now getting around to publishing it??? Anyway, his response was, 'Mom, now I'm famous! I've been in the newspaper!' Too cute! His story was about a frog who eats bugs with his long sticky tongue. I was so proud of him, he's such a smart little guy!

One last note for now...Lucas found my camera power cord...right where it belongs, of all the places! I swear I looked there - more than once - but I clearly overlooked it? I'm not sure how, though, because I even swept my arm across the shelf, thinking I just couldn't see it because of shadows. I would have sworn there was nothing there, but that's where he ended up finding it anyway. (Kinda like Isaac's movie wasn't under the tree, but we found it there? Who knows!) Anyhow, I'm glad it's not missing anymore, and I can take pictures again! I'm lost without my camera!

I'm going to go take it easy this evening. I am looking forward to some quiet time. It's been a hectic day. Poor Lucas has to go back into work tonight because a transformer blew up today & took down all of their compressors. So it's just me and the sleeping critters here tonight. Sounds like a good night for some reading.

No comments: