Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Schedule me this, and Schedule me that

Today was a very schedule-driven day. I knew from the start it was going to be busy, and I would have to keep on top of things to stay on schedule. Even still, the day threw me a few curve balls. All in all, it went off without a hitch...(with the exception of a mad house-wide search for Sebastian's shin guards for soccer...we found them in the bottom of a toy basket in the living room...???).

First library story hour. We got there on time, but I ended up having to drop Isaac off, leaving a friend in charge to cover for me (just in case) while Meagan and I ran to Meijer to buy her a new bathing suit. Why a bathing suit during story hour? Because after story hour was the first day of swimming lessons...for both Meagan and Isaac. Why didn't we use a bathing suit she already had? Because she only has one that fits, and we could only find one piece of it!! LOL!

As we were leaving Meijer, I overheard someone say that gas was going to jump 30 cents today to $3.73. So, although we were on a time crunch, and Lucas had just put a few gallons in the van yesterday, I decided to put a few gallons in to finish out the week. (I paid $3.44. This afternoon it was up to $3.72. I'm glad I sidetracked.)

After library, before swimming, we had to make a pit stop at Sebastian's school. He had forgotten his lunch at home, and was in a panic at the thought of having to eat a school hamburger. Poor guy, I don't blame him. He's never been one for burgers anyway, let alone school food burgers. So, I took him his lunch.

Swimming was a BIG HIT! Meagan LOVED it! She swam with her teacher, because I was unaware that I was supposed to bring my suit and get in with her. Next week...
The only thing she wasn't happy about was that Isaac couldn't get into the pool with her. His class was after hers, so he sat with me and watched. He did great in his class...much better than the last attempt at swimming class we did with him a few years ago. Back then, I had to basically bribe him to put a toe in the water. This time, he hopped right in, and was just about the last to get out at the end. Both are looking forward to next week when they get to go back


The rest of the day was spent running as well. After swimming, the computer repair guy came to fix the laptop (long story short, it stopped working Sunday because it wasn't getting power...the guy replaced the motherboard...now it's working). Then we left to go get Sebastian from school so that we would have time to eat before we had to leave for the chiropractor. We had to be on time for that appointment so we could leave in time to get back for soccer and t-ball. Needless to say, it was a bit of a relief when we got home and were done with our scheduled events for the day.
Nothing planned for tomorrow until 7:30, when a friend of mine and I have plans to hang out and have girl-time for a while. At this point, an unscheduled day sounds very inviting!

No comments: