Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fine Art

WHY did I not learn my lesson a year or so ago?!!

Yesterday afternoon, after nap time, Meagan and I were in my room together while I folded laundry. I stopped what I was doing because it was time to make dinner. I sat her up with a movie in the boys' room, and I headed down to the kitchen to start dinner.

(Skipping some detail here...getting to the good stuff).

Just before Lucas came home, I had been slicing tomatoes for dinner. Meagan is the tomato queen, and she was eating one slice for every three that I cut. When I wiped her off, I noticed her arms were slimy, and I couldn't get her clean. So I took her upstairs and stuck her in the bath for a quick wash down. In her bathroom, there was slime on the sink and the wall - it looked like the nasty gelly hand soap that we have in there right now. I figured she had tried to wash her own hands and made a mess of things. Problem solved. Move on.

Until Lucas comes down a few minutes later and says, 'What did you let her do? Good luck getting that cleaned up!'

Huh?

So, back upstairs I go, to find what he's talking about. I went in our room. FOUND IT. A grand work of art, involving a jar of Vaseline (there's the part where I should have learned0, a jar of Vick's, a bottle of lotion and a makeup brush.






No comments: