Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

Going to Grandma's

Oh how I love that laptop! On our trip down to Ohio yesterday, I busted out the laptop and worked on a layout. The battery lasted for about 2 hours before I shut down. :0)

We got to Lucas' parents' house around 6:00, unpacked and headed out to dinner. Then we all hung out while the kids played and watched movies and got re-acclimated to Grandma & Grandpa's house. They talked Grandma into letting them put their feet in the pool for a while...their hoping for swimming today...we'll see. We also did haircuts last night - even Meagan. Grandma cut about an inch or so off of the end, and she looks so CUTE!
After haircuts, I got the laptop back up and running and started scrapping again. I finished the layout I had started in the van. I also did something a little different that I've never done before, although I've thought of it several times. There are lots of times that I take a TON of pictures and only use a few of those pictures on my layouts. Well, for the sake of not losing my pictures somewhere in the abyss of digital picture land, I decided to make a few layouts of just 4x6's of those 'other' pictures. I saw in Creating Keepsakes this month that several scrapbook album manufacturers are now making 12x12 sleeves that will hold six 4x6 pictures for this exact purpose. I figured, though, that rather than having to spend more money on special page inserts, I would just make a 12x12 layout that does the same thing and that will let me use the page covers I already have. Here's what I came up with:




No comments: