Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Overheard

While I was getting breakfast wrapped up today - you know, getting all the cereal boxes and milk jugs put away - I overheard the following conversation:

Isaac: "Sebastian, why did you say there's no Santa?"
Sebastian: "Because...Mom and Dad get the presents."

I asked Sebastian who had told him that, and he replied, "Me."

That didn't take long. Although, I remember as a kid that I had figured it out fairly early, too, and I went along with the whole Santa thing for fun really. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he has put 2 & 2 together.

I haven't decided yet how to handle the issue, since it still affects Isaac and Meagan. Still thinking about that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We told Erica this year about Santa, But she is still completely in denial.

Actually, we're in the US. Dropped my truck off in Virginia and now we're in Toledo for a couple of weeks.

Rebecca H. said...

hey, toledo's not so far away...???