Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weekend review

Well well well. Finally I have a free minute to sit down and post. It's been a busy five days or so. We left Thursday afternoon for Ohio. We to Lucas' parents' house around 5:30 or so - just in time for dinner!

Friday the kids and I went with Lucas' dad over to Luc's grandma's house. She was thrilled to have time with the kids, and to have visitors in general, I think. She is such a fun lady - she was telling me stories about plays she was in when she was younger. She was singing me the songs! Either she still remembers them quite well, or she's awfully good at making up lyrics on the spot! LOL!

While we were there, I got some good pictures of the kids climbing in her big tree in the back yard. What a perfect climbing tree! I wish we had a tree like that in our yard - I might be tempted to climb it myself! The kids were playing a game, along the lines of the imaginary world in the movie Bridge to Terabithia (not sure I spelled that right). They were having a great time making up a story and acting it out. It was way too cool to watch them, although I was completely in awe of how big they're getting to be able to play games like that...all three of them. :o(
Saturday was Sebastian's party. It's always nice to have the parties closer to family because more people are able to make it, so we actually get to see everyone. I got to see people I hadn't talked to in a LONG time! For some, it had been at least 2 years, others a year or so. It was good to see everyone. Sebastian and Isaac and Meagan loved having so many kids around to play with! They all were able to get in the pool - only for about 10 minutes because then it started storming, but they were happy to be able to get wet!

Saturday night, Shane and Lucas set up a tv and the wii in Guy & Jane's garage, and we all played wii until nearly midnight. But since there were five of us and only four controllers, I only played a little, and then broke out the laptop as my form of entertainment. So I sat in the garage and worked on a layout while Shane, Tina, Lucas and Guy played Boom Blox. I guess that's one way to spend a Saturday evening! Gotta love family time!

Sunday, before we headed home, we made a stop at my parents' house. We had lunch and the kids played for a bit. We got to see my mom's pictures from Israel, which was very cool. It was a short visit, but at least we got to spend a little time with them. I'd say we got back home just a few minutes before 6:00 Sunday evening. It was a good weekend.

The only bummer to the weekend was that, somewhere along the way, I misplaced my wedding ring. So please pray that it shows up again. I believe it will...you all remember my story about the movies! It's just a matter of time, faith and patience. But I would still appreciate the extra prayers. Thanks!

No comments: