Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After

Yesterday was a great day! I woke up around 8:00. I heard Meagan and Sebastian playing downstairs already, but Isaac wasn't up yet. I decided to let him sleep & take advantage of the opportunity to get myself cleaned up & presentable before Christmas pictures ensued! We probably started our gift opening around 8:30 or 9:00. We finished some time around 10:30 (we had gifts from 2 sets of grandparents, plus us...plus we took our time and enjoyed each other).

The kids seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves. Other than one gift of clothes - boring jeans and long sleeved t-shirts - nothing was quickly tossed aside. After nearly every present they opened, they asked, "Can we open this now?...Can we watch this now?...Can we play with this now?"...you get the idea! Let's see, the basic run-down of what they got: ColorWonders, movies, books, games, Indiana Jones toys (the boys only), make-up (Meg only *LOL*), pj's, an outfit, and ATM machines... one of my personal favorite gifts... plus Meagan got a princess scooter, and the boys got Star Wars the Clone Wars the movie & the wii game.

Lucas and the kids got me i-tunes, 2 books, and P.S. I love you (movie). I am really looking forward to starting the books, but I have about 3 books in progress right now... I should probably try to finish those first? Maybe. And my stocking stuffer was 2 wii games - Tetrus Party & Sudoku... since they were downloaded games instead of store-bought games, I had to go on a bit of a scavenger hunt to find them...that was a very original stocking stuffer! We took turns with Tetrus whenever we got a free chance at the TV (between all of the movie-watching that was going on).

Last night some friends of ours came over, and we made homemade pizzas & just hung out. The kids played & watched MORE movies, and the adults played BoomBlox on wii. It was a really good time - we had lots of laughs to say the least. The only bummer to the evening was that Meagan, once again, threw up. She had been pretty hesitant to eat dinner, so I didn't push the issue much...thankfully (sound familiar?). There was really no indication, though, other than her disinterest in eating, that she wasn't feeling well. So we had to kind of keep her away from the other kids for most of the night. (She seems to be feeling better now, although she has been pretty lethargic for most of the day).

This morning, I woke up feeling like I could stand to take it easy today...so I did. Other than getting up to feed children (barely), I hardly moved from my chair. I did some scrapbooking and got a few things taken care of that I needed to finish up. And I lost count of how many more movies we watched today - Tinkerbell, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Narnia, Kung Fu Panda...am I forgetting any? LOL!

So, here's one page that I got done today. I messed with it for a while. I think if I felt like it, I could stand to mess with it some more, but as it is, I'm just going to leave it for now. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

No comments: