Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reports from the Homefront

I know I have been a total slacker lately. My posts have been spaced out, and it's been at least a week since I've given any real sort of update. So here goes...

We have our Christmas decorations up (and I'm quite pleased with them, all in all) and the boxes put away. We accomplished that last weekend. My only complaint is that the tree is doing a lean...it started out very subtle at first, but is definitely growing more noticeable by the day...hoping it doesn't topple completely before Christmas! Meagan randomly walks into it, which I'm sure doesn't help matters. The kids did most of the ornament hanging this year, and, although there are several that aren't well spaced, and even more that are facing in instead of out, they did a great job!

Today after church, it quickly became obvious that everyone was rather tired. So, all three were required to lay down for nap time...and ALL THREE fell asleep and slept for at least 2 1/2 hours! SA-WEET! So I spent the bulk of the afternoon chillin' and reading a new book I just got a few days ago - Drawing Near by John Bevere.

We totally cheated for dinner (no big shocker, as Lucas wasn't eating with us). The kids had breakfast food of some sort - cereal, toast, pop tarts, fruite, etc - and I had a hot pocket. We ate in the living room on tv trays and watched a movie that was on tv until it was time to leave for church. We got home a little while ago, and already everyone is quietly in bed. I was a little worried about bedtime after the extensive naps, but I think they're all just worn out! Hopefully they get rested. I'm feeling a little tired, too, and may just head to bed early tonight.

This week I need to get things ready for Isaac's birthday party, which is this weekend. I have a bit of straightening up to do. I also have to dig his birthday presents out of the monsterous bag of Christmas gifts that is tucked away not-so-very-well in the back of our closet. I also have to plan a menu of some sort for lunch...I may end up doing pizza hut for the sake of simplicity...we'll see what I come up with.

Besides that, this week I need to try to get Christmas gifts wrapped for the kids, Christmas gifts purchased and wrapped for Lucas, and Christmas gifts that I'm making completed and wrapped for everyone who will be receiving a homemade gift this year. Hmmm...not sure how I'm going to pull all this off...one thing at a time, I suppose. Wish me luck!

So that's about it...I know, for an absense of posting for so long, it's not much. Not much out of the ordinary has been going on lately. But life is good. Even uneventful life is good.

1 comment:

Messenger International said...

Wanted to let you know John & Lisa Bevere now have a blog. Would love for you to check it out and 'follow'.

www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com

Blessings!