Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

The Muppets Crash & Burn

Recently, we activated a 2-week trial of Netflix through our PlayStation 3. It lets you do the whole Netflix thing (you know, get movies through the mail & send them back when you're done), and it also lets you download certain movies instantly & watch them on the PlayStation. Well, yesterday evening, we didn't have anything going on, so Lucas loaded up a Pokemon movie for the kids to watch. They were ecstatic, and sat through the whole thing. Loved it!

This morning, Lucas decided to give Meagan a dose of the shows WE grew up on, so he played (or started to play) The Muppets Take Manhattan. She sat for a minute, trying to figure out what the heck was happening. Then she said, "I only like the frog guy. The rest of them are dumb. Can I watch Pokemon now?" Lucas tried a few more times to capture her interest with the Muppets, but she just wasn't having it. "No Daddy, I'm done now. I wanna watch Pokemon."

Nice. The 80's version of kids' movies totally crashed & burned... I wonder if she would like the Muppet Babies??? I may have to look into that.

No comments: