Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Wow, I have been out of commission lately! Last week I came down with a sinus deal, and have been laid out and sleeping every opportunity that I've had. But thankfully I'm on the mend, and I have had plenty of energy for the cooking and festivities of the day.

I started cooking at 8:00 this morning. We finally sat down to eat around 2:30. After clean up and a bit of down time, Meagan talked me into (aka... begged and begged and begged until I caved) putting the lights on the Christmas tree. Hopefully the lights will be on by the end of the evening, and tomorrow we can dig out the ornaments.

We stayed home for the holiday, just the 5 of us. Lucas had to work this morning, although I was thrilled when he came walking in the door at 10:45!! What a great surprise!

We had turkey, green beans, twice baked mashed potatoes, apple cranberry stuffing, and dinner rolls. Plus apple pie and chocolate brownies. Believe it or not, the tribe is getting restless and beginning to ask for food again.

So that's it from me for now... just stopping in for a quick update since I've kept you waiting. I've got to get back to tree lights and dinner making. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!!

**********

No comments: