Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 1

Thanks to Thanksgiving, November is the month marked for thankfulness. I love it! And I truly believe it's a great opportunity to practice actively being thankful. For every little thing. And for every big thing. And for everything in between.

So, I'm jumping on board with the "30 Days of Thanks" project this year. Taking time to be aware of what's around me - of all the things that fill up my life and make it what it is. I have a lot to be thankful for!
(and yes, I do realize today is Nov 2. Late is me. But we'll deal.)

Nov 1 - Today I finally got to do something I've been wanting to do since we very first got Dublin. We walked all the way down to the nature & wildlife protection zone about a half mile or so from our neighborhood. It's one of my most favorite places to be, to just be, but so far, his little puppy legs (or his little puppy behavior on a leash) haven't been up to the task. Well, today it was warm, with bright blue sky and cool crisp air. Perfect conditions to give it a try. And it was great! And while I can't pinpoint one exact thing, I was just overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude for the whole situation - for the puppy, for the weather, for the natural protection and the fact that we live close enough to walk there whenever we feel like it. I was also thankful for the fact that our puppy-training efforts have begun to show some fruit. For our entire time walking around down there, I was able to drop the leash and just let him wander. It was nice to feel confident that he would stay near me and would follow me if I walked away.

(He found the best stick ever and plopped down to chew on it for a minute before we moved on)

**********

No comments: