Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 4

I'm so thankful for creativity. It's been such a huge outlet in my life - writing and painting and photographing life. It has shaped me and has shaped the way I view and interact with the world. And now I see it coming to life in our kids, and it makes my heart happy. I can see them finding themselves, learning more about who they are and who they want to be through expressions of creativity. It's a brilliant part of life, and it's just one of those things that makes me sure that God is a genius.

While I'm on this topic, I thought I'd share this video with you. I took it this past Sunday (which would have been Day 4 if I were actually keeping up in a timely fashion). For all of you nosy peeps, you can peek inside a pretty typical evening in our home... about 20 things going on at once... we're all loud... but content and chill. I love it. This was Sebastian's first time ever picking up a guitar (other than a pretend one that Isaac got for his birthday or Christmas a few years ago). Shane let him use his guitar to play around a bit, and this is what Sebastian did with it... I think he's watched It Might Get Loud a few times, as he took right to finger slide like Jack and Jimmy and Edge.


No comments: