Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Can you do that?!

Today was a bit of a hectic day at work - not bad, just crazy. I'm still getting adjusted to where things are and how things have been done in the past, etc. So I'm working a little slower than I would hope. It doesn't speed things up any when you lock yourself out of your office LOL!! We have the kind of doors that stay locked and you just open them with a key. Well, I had my door propped open all day, so had completely forgotten about it being a 'locked' door. Well, I got a phone call and pushed the door shut for some privacy....still not a big deal because I was IN the office on the phone. After I hung up though, I decided to take a potty break. I opened the door, walked out and left the door (I thought) standing about half-way open. Well, apparently they not only are the kind of doors that stay locked, but they are also the kind that shut behind you if they're not propped open. So when I got back from the bathroom, I was locked out. My keys (and every spare key to the door, I might add) were in the locked office where they were of absolutely no use to me. Luckily, another of the ladies whose office is off of mine was only out to lunch and had plans to return to the office. So, I waited for her to get back, and she let me in, and all was well again... I only lost about an hour and fifteen minutes of my day doing absolutely NOTHING!!! LOL! I got a good laugh at myself - lesson learned...let's see if I can NOT do that again!

Since I was running behind after my lock-out, I asked Lucas if he could get home in time to get Sebastian off of the bus - about 4:45. Well, at about 4:35 my office phone rings. It's Lucas. "Hey, there's a message from the school saying that Sebastian never got on the bus today and is waiting here for someone to pick him up." So, he gets back in the truck, heads to the school and gets our goofy kid. When he asked Sebastian why he didn't ride the bus, his response was, "Well, I've never been picked up from school before, and I thought today would be a good day for it." CAN YOU DO THAT? Can you just decide that without sharing the information with anyone else? Apparently you can. Because he did. What a goofball. Really, though, I think I'm going to have to call the school and talk with them. They have three contact numbers for me, and three for Lucas, yet they only called one number and left a message. And why, when you have no indication in writing or otherwise, from an adult saying that Sebastian would be picked up would you NOT make him get on the bus. Why do you just take the word of a 6-year-old when it comes to matters of finding a way for him to get home? That's what I would like to know. Seems the situation could have been handled a little better, so he would have only been waiting about 10 minutes for me to leave work and get to school, which is a lot better than an hour. Anyway....

Well, now that my crazy day has ended, my kids are in bed, and I'm on strike for the rest of the night, I'm gonna go veg in front of the TV until its time to crash. Later.

No comments: