Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My defender!

You may have heard me mention a time or two Lucas's after-dinner-madness that usually ends up in a family-wide wrestling/brawl of some sort. Well, tonight, I was the victim. It was one of our more memorable wrestling bouts...

At dinner I made the mistake of sitting by my dear darling husband. At some point near the end of our meal, he leaned over and did some something-or-other to my shoulder, which left a mark (it didn't hurt, just left a mark). So while Iwas clearing dishes, he started teasing me that I had a hickey on my shoulder, so I (silly me, what was I thinking) starting swinging my dish towel at him. Apparently, this was cause for retaliation, because he soon bear-hugged me at the knees and picked me up over his shoulders (or at least that's what he meant to do)...but somewhere in the process of all of this, he lost his balance and started falling back and to the side, which made my left foot slide up under his knee (as it was hitting the ground). My toenail on my big toe bent right in half - didn't rip all the way off, just bent and bled. And if that wasn't enough, we both went crashing into the cabinets. You know those 'fake drawer' faces on cabinets - the ones that aren't supposed to move? Well, I somehow managed to dislodge one of those on my way crashing to the ground. Smooth, huh? It was actually fixable, but it made a loud noise. Well, I think between the loud noise and my howling about my toe, Isaac decided that I needed saving...so he hopped up from the table and ran over and cracked Lucas right in the eye. LOL! I have a defender!! It's nice to know I don't have to face the crazy man alone! Still some days I marvel at the fact that I married him on purpose!

No comments: