Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Got 1 more for ya

I finished one more layout tonight. Lucas was playing on-line, so we recorded Survivor, which pretty much left me with an evening of nothing-much to do. So, other than re-putting the kids to bed a few times (nap time was too long today I think, so no one is sleeping tonight), I just scrapped. (I got more RAM in my computer, so now it's quicker and more fun to scrap with.) Mike took this picture of me at Meagan's birthday party this summer. I don't have many pages with pictures of me, so this seems weird to me.


Journaling: so many elements of this picture capture who i am... casual clothes, sitting outside, camera in-hand, watching the kids play in the yard. i'm not used to seeing pictures of myself, but this time i've been caught.



In my journaling I left out the fact that no matter how happy I am, I typically don't look like it (as you can see in this picture). My neutral face (you know, when I'm not laughing or whatever) is a little grumpy looking - I think because my mouth turns down at the corners, so I always look like I'm scowling. This is at least a 4th generation trait, because my great-grandmother, my grandmother, and my mom all have the same turned down mouth, and we all tend to look ... hmm, how to say it nicely... sometimes maybe a little less-than-happy?? Oh well...just know that I really am happy in this picture. (wink)


Okay, off to start watching Survivor until I fall asleep (which I've been doing rather quickly lately). Have a good night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first time to visit your blog:) Love that layout! Happy Friday:)

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

Wonderful layout! At least you can say your look is a generational trait. I often look like that and have no one to blame. lol.

Have a terrific weekend!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout! You should come do the book of me challenge that I host! Every month we do layouts of ourselves to add to our families pages.

And I don't think you look grumpy, I think you look pensive. Like your lost in thought.

Have a great Friday!

Anonymous said...

Are you Italian? Some of my husband's family have that turned down mouth trait, I know it well! Your LO is really lovely, BTW, great job being so candid about yourself, which is sometimes so difficult to do.

Donna B. Miller said...

It's my first visit to your blog, and I've got to tell you I love the heading. I think "My State of Crazy" would make a great theme for a layout challenge. Most of my days end up crazy, too.