Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Rewind - Meijer Garden

Admittedly, I am WAY behind on posting - especially when it comes to pictures. I've been taking the pictures, but have had no free time to do much with them. So, I have decided to put my every-expanding pile of laundry on hold and post pictures for all of you (and for me too, really...I love looking at the pics when I look back at old blog posts).

So, I'm going all the way back to the end of August. I don't think I even blogged about this, so better late than never, I guess! Friday the 31st, I took the kids up to Meijer Garden. We stopped by and picked up Kelli and her 2 boys and all went together...5 kids ranging from 1 to 6...but it actually went pretty well. They all had tons of fun - especially in the water and the sand! And it was so nice to get to talk to Kelli face-to-face. She and I used to know everything about each other. We did everything together that we could get away with, finished each other's sentences, (made up goofy contracts!), and were basically inseparable. Many of my favorite childhood memories include her - gymnastics, forever watching Grease in her living room, playing in the 'fort' under her basement stairs LOL. But, like with many childhood friends, we slowly started growing apart as we got older, and now we keep in touch through email and blog posts. So it was WONDERFUL to get to have a real conversation with her again, just to get caught up. Not surprisingly, it was just as easy as ever to fall into comfortable conversation, and I think we stayed longer than we may have planned at the sand pit just because we were talking (plus, we had found a bit of shade to hide in and were in no hurry to leave it). Anyway, it was a great day all around, and a great way to end our summer break.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from our day there.


No comments: