Pages

Monday, September 3, 2007

Last Day of Summer Vacation!

Well, we've officially come to the close of the last day of summer vacation. Tomorrow, Sebastian starts 1st grade. He's so excited, he can hardly lay still. He has already come out of his room once to make sure I will wake him up in the morning, and once to tell me he 'can't really sleep very well.' How cute is that? I can remember being so super excited and nervous the night before the first day of school. I guess these are things we sort of forget about once we're all grown up. That's the best part of having kids - they remind me what it was like to be young.

So how did we spend our last day of no school? With a little bit of not very much. We played I SPY, the boys played play station for a while (Oh yea, over the weekend, they worked together to clean up the basement and their room, and Lucas took them to get a new PlayStation. It was like Christmas morning...they were so giddy!), I paid bills, and Lucas mowed after work. But we did go out to eat at Logan's for dinner, which is always a bonus.

Tomorrow I have my first real day of work. While I was on vacation with the kids our Pastor called and asked if I would be willing to do the bookwork for the church. About 15 hours a week, and once I figure out the details, I should be able to do at least half of that from home. Sweet set up, and I couldn't ask to work with better people. I'm super excited about it, actually, even though I wasn't looking for work when it came up. I went in last week one day to get familiar with the office and such, and one day to do a little bit of stuff with the man who is training me. This week, we're hoping to get in the rest of my training (or at least the bulk of it). Should be an interesting week...wish me luck!

No comments: