Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Chicken Lasagna Alfredo

Well, I've been on a roll lately with making up random meals to use up things we have. Last Sunday, our church had a carry-in dinner in the evening, and I had nothing that made any sense that was enough to feed a large group of people. Instead, I made something up. I figured, worst case, it wasn't any good, and a few people may still eat it (lol). I made sure to get some on my plate when I went through the line to try it out. And to my surprise - and relief - it wasn't bad! I thought I'd share it with you... also, that way I can come back to this later to see what I did, because I'm really good at forgetting things. I did all of this in my big oblong crock pot.

* spray the crock pot lightly with cooking spray


* in a bowl, combine



  • 15 oz. canned white meat chicken (drained),

  • 1 pkg frozen mixed veggies (I used peas, carrots, corn, gr beans) - still frozen is fine,

  • 2 jars of Alfredo sauce (I used Classico...it was very yummy),

  • a bit of milk (maybe 1/8 - 1/4 cup),

  • Italian seasoning or oregano - no idea how much, I just put it in ??

* cover the bottom of the crock pot with a thin layer of the sauce mix


* lay out 3 or 4 uncooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of the pot


*Spread a layer of ricotta cheese over the noodles


* Cover with some of the sauce mix


*sprinkle a light layer of shredded mozz & parmesan cheese over the sauce


* layer another layer of uncooked noodles, ricotta, sauce, and cheese until the pot is full.


* Put the lid on. Cook on high for 1 hour. Then on low for 4-5 hours.

No comments: