Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

***

I'm losing my touch! *lol* Yesterday was the last day of gymnastics camp for Sebastian & Meagan, and I walked out of here without my camera. And worse, I didn't even have my cell phone with me as back up. So I missed the chance to get shots of their closing performances and awards ceremony. *shrug* Oh well. I thoroughly enjoyed it anyhow.

So, they've had gymnastics camp every day but Monday this week. From 9:00 in the morning to 3:00 in the afternoon. Can you imagine how tired they were? Especially Meagan. Every night she would go go go and then just CRASH. Hard. By the end of day 2, both of them were complaining their backs, arms, legs, stomachs, whatever else hurt... sore muscles for sure! So on the morning of day 3 I gave them each some ibuprofen with breakfast to take the twinge out of their muscles until they could get them warmed up. They both seem to be good now... just had to work through it I guess.

While they were at camp, Isaac and I hung out together. He did a lot of DS and wii, and I did a lot (a LOT) of reading. I finished the series I was reading... five books of brilliant, although sometimes disturbing, story telling. I am always amazed at people's abilities to weave stories together like that, and to then relay them in a way that others can be so utterly captivated. Good stuff.

Anyway, today life returns to normal. I no longer have my nose tucked in my kindle. The kids are no longer spending school-length days at the gym. The messes will resume. The work will return. There's laundry to do, groceries to buy, and a birthday to prepare for! Sebastian turns TEN tomorrow! Ten. Can you believe it?

Oh, AND yesterday Lucas and I celebrated our 11-year anniversary! I know he loves me because he took me out for Mexican, and it was his suggestion! That's a demonstration of love if nothing is... Mexican food is not on the top of his list of favorites.

I'll spare you all my mushy sentiments... there are many. I'll just say that I feel super super blessed by our last 11 years together. He is an amazing husband and father and friend.

Photobucket
goodness we were young.

Okay, I'm off to have a normal day. Have a great day yourself!

**********

1 comment:

Deidra Faith said...

I definitely remember that day!!!!