Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

catching up and starting over

Although I seriously fell of the Project 365 train in 2011, I am determined to get back up and plow through. I WANT an album of our year. No exceptions. No excuses. I am really working hard on getting caught up. So far, I'm on week 15. Yeah, I know...

My plan is to print the album in two volumes... in 2 26-week increments. Otherwise, the album will be too big - too many pages for online printing companies to accommodate. And since I'm not willing to leave stuff out, 2 albums is my best solution.

Here's what I've done in the past few days. Seems having lots of down time for sickness can prove to be a pretty effective method for getting lots of scrapping done. That's a plus.

Week 10:
Photobucket
My birthday, some nice weather for outside play time, and a trip to Indiana for our home inspection. The kids' first time seeing the new house.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Week 11:
Photobucket
St. Patrick's Day, a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's, a school music program, and a farewell party with friends.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Week 11 Extras:

Photobucket
There were way too many photos of the music program and the friend party to not devote a special page to each. These were some of the kids' last memories made in Ohio before having to say goodbye to the school and friends they had come to love so much.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Week 12:
Photobucket
Moving day, sleeping in empty houses, a family date at Pizza Hut, and the few last moments with friends before leaving.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Week 13:
Photobucket
Lots of boxes. New house. New school. New new new.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Week 14:
Photobucket
A trip to the park and a peek at the train museum. A new tree and some grass! And lots of How to Train Your Dragon.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Week 15:
Photobucket
A rocket launch. Warm-ish weather. The return of gymnastics to our lives.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Week 15 HOUSE PICS:
Photobucket
And a peek at the progress made in our home so far. We've tried really hard to make it livable for the kids in all the major areas that will matter to them. Still lots to do, but it's a start.
Photobucket
Photobucket


*****

As for the 'starting over' part of the title... it's the first day of a new year, and I am starting this endeavour all over again. This year I will be using Becky Higgins' Project Life. You can find a link to Becky's blog in my blog list to the right. I'm thinking I'll try this approach for 2012 and see how it goes. I'm sure I'll tweak it here and there to make it work for me. And that's fine. The only thing that really matters is that my kids have an album to look back at to remember the finer details of daily life around here. Because it's all the little moments that we stand on, and that move us forward to the next big moment.

If you haven't committed to doing something like this, but think you might be interested in giving it a try, PLEASE do! There's no pressure for perfection. It really is just about capturing life just the way we live it. Anything is better than nothing. If you're not sure where to start, Becky's blog would be a great resource. And there's a whole forum section at TLP devoted to Project Life. Come check it out, and jump on in!!

**********

No comments: