Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Layout Dump

I've managed to do a handful of layouts in the past few weeks, but I've not so much managed to get them posted on my blog. To be honest, I'm still sort of avoiding my blog at the moment, and only giving it my attention when I have a large chunk of time available to give.... it really should not take as long as it has been to post a few pictures. *sigh*

Anyway, since mid-April I've done a few layouts that haven't made their way onto the blog... I figured this fine (somewhat cloudy and gloomy) Friday morning would be the perfect time to get caught up a bit. So brace yourself for quite a few layouts...

Using June BYOC goodies (BYOC just released today, and there's a great sale this weekend, so check it out!!). Meagan got 2 brand new boxes of sidewalk chalk for her birthday. We opened up one of the boxes and took a picture of the rainbow of fresh chalk just waiting to be put to creative use! Our driveway is now artfully covered in random drawings. :)
(Click here to view full credits)

I know I didn't tell you, but Meagan and I went to Chicago last weekend! We got tickets to go to the Secret Classic gymnastics meet, which means she got to see Jordyn Wieber in person!! AND she met Nastia Liukin and had a conversation with Marta Karolyi.  Are you kidding!! I think the whole time she was talking to Marta (about her boot), I was standing there trying not to let my jaw hang wide open. It was surreal!  Anyway, before the gates opened, we were standing around outside just waiting. We (well, mostly SHE) made silly faces and took pictures to keep ourselves entertained.
(Click here to view full credits)

On our way to one of Isaac's lacrosse games (remember the game where I went trash digging and got the cabinet for the kitchen?), we ate lunch in the van on the way to the game. Meagan wanted Burger King, and even though the boys wanted Taco Bell, they got their drinks at the BK drive through... Vanilla Sprite apparently was too big of a temptation to resist. Vanilla Sprite? Um, sounds gross to me. But they seemed to think it was fantastic! *shrug*

(Click here to view full credits)

Just a random layout to document life. I love that our kids are who they are, and that they give little regard to what others think. I love that they have the courage to do what they love. Sebastian, being a gymnast instead of a jock, is definitely the odd man out in his grade. I think sometimes it does get to him a bit, like in gym class when everyone else is better than him at basketball. I worry that he will eventually cave to what he thinks he SHOULD be instead of being who God has made him to be. I hope that never happens, but it is a daily struggle - not just for him, but for all of us I think. 
(Click here to view full credits)
2 Easter layouts that I THOUGHT I shared, but can't seem to find on the blog anywhere. If they're duplicates, sorry. 
(Click here to view full credits)
(Click here to view full credits)
Of COURSE I have to document Meagan's first lost tooth! These are the major milestones of life, right?! 
(Click here to view full credits)

I've been meaning to scrap the pet caterpillars / butterflies for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it. I still may do another layout to capture a few other things about it. This one is all about setting them free! She was so happy that they flew out and moved into the field behind our house. 
(Click here to view full credits)
Some photos from last summer... on one of our trips home to Ohio, we all got together out in the back yard and played dominoes together. We laughed and had a great time until night fell and the bugs chased us away.
(Click here to view full credits)
And last but not least... my cake pops experiment. They were pretty, but SUPER sweet. The kids loved them, and at least I had a birthday cake!
(Click here to view full credits)

1 comment:

Val said...

You're right- all your kids are definitely individuals. I think that's why Carrie & Isaac hit it off so well. Tell Sebastian to keep rockin' in- he is amazing! <3