Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Good to the last drop!

Sunday was our last day at Cedar Point. We had an even later start than either of the previous 2 days...it's funny how exhaustion will do that to you! But we made it into the park around 11:00. We headed straight to the back of the park to Camp Snoopy, so Isaac could ride the Woodstock Express. He was practically bursting with excitement to ride it after going on and so thoroughly enjoying the Jr. Gemini the night before - he said it was fun because it tickled his tummy...he's an air-time boy! We spent the morning letting the kids jump from ride to ride.

Meagan went on the Woodstock Express too - twice actually, by the end of the day. I'm not so sure that she like it the first time she went, though, and I was really pretty surprised she wanted to go on it a second time. She said she didn't like going up the hill...going down didn't bother her, but going up was no good...??? Anyway, she loved pretty much everything she tried. The only thing I can think of that she didn't try was the Snoopy Jumping thing - you know, the big inflatable jumping huts or whatever. The boys went in, but she stopped dead in her tracks at the entrance. Not happening. So, I helped her get her shoes back on, and she was happy to watch her boys jump.

The only other thing she tried and didn't like was the Snoopy balloon race. She was having none of that a second time. I think it was too jerky for her liking.

Sebastian went on the Iron Dragon AGAIN. And AGAIN. He went with Grandpa the first time on Sunday, and they actually got stuck on the second hill. I asked what he thought about it, and he said it was 'awesome.' His only complaint was, 'They should let us go again since we had to wait.' He's a Hilleary! The unbelievable part...He went on it later in the evening with both Grandma and Grandpa, and they got stuck again, not once, but TWICE! On each hill. Still, he's not swayed from his complete fascination with the Iron Dragon. He's definitely a fan!

In the afternoon after lunch, Mom and Mike took the kids to the pool and then back to the boat for a bit of down time, and Lucas and I took a few hours to ride some rides. We rode 2 - the Raptor and the Maverick...my favorite and his.

A funny thing happened to me on the Maverick. We were waiting in line for the front car, and we were up next. Last year on that ride, the lap bar got pushed down WAY TOO FAR on me and hurt so bad it actually left marks on my legs. So while we were waiting, Lucas reminds me not to push my harness down too far. I said, "It wasn't me, it was a worker that did it" just as a Cedar Point worker walked up. He said, "What did a worker do?" So I told him my story. He started messing around with me then. He said, "What did you do to make him mad? The only time we do that to riders is when they make us mad." So we talked a few minutes while we were waiting. By the time Lucas and I got on the track, we were laughing pretty hard, having a good time with each other. As we were loading in, that employee looked to the guy in the control booth and said, "We have one who wants it snug." Nice. But we rode the ride...quite comfortably I might add.

Well, as we returned to the station, the train stopped, and everyone unloaded. Lucas got up, and started to get out, but I couldn't get my harness unbuckled. Lucas tried to help, and he couldn't get it at first. Well, he got it unfastened, but it WOULD NOT lift up. It was still locked into position. I was NOT getting out! Then I noticed the employee with a big grin on his face, and over his loud speaker he says (so obviously the whole crowd could hear), "Naw, you're stuck. You're not goin' anywhere...you just gotta keep riding and riding and riding...forEVER.' I cracked up! A few seconds later they released my harness from inside the control booth, and I was free. That was a FUNNY experience! Very fun memory!

No comments: