Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Feline Frenzy

Want an interesting afternoon experience? Take a cat to the vet - WITHOUT a carrier! Eeeek! Lilly had her annual check-up and vaccine appointment today. However, when I went to get her carrier, I could not find it anywhere. I am pretty sure I lent it to someone and just never got it back (I even went so far as to go up in the attic to find it...nada). So, with only 15 minutes to get to our appointment on time, my only option was to carry her. I actually considered a duffel bag, but couldn't decide if that was cruel or not. I decided not to chance it.

So, we loaded the kids in the van, tossed the cat in for good measure, and headed off. Let's just say that by the time we got to the vet's office, I was covered in cat hair (and she is usually not much of a shedder). She was FREAKED out! Poor thing. She went to every window she could find (and a mini-van has a lot of them) and cried. Seems no one would help her and rescue her from the crazy van.

You should have seen the funny look the receptionist gave me when I walked into the office. She even sort of scolded me for not having her in a carrier, saying that they've 'lost' cats before because they got away from the owners' hands. I didn't say anything, but I was thinking, 'Lady, it's not like this was my first choice...' Anyway.

As for Lilly, she checked out okay, other than she has some kind of periodontal disease or something. Apparently, she has lost a few teeth from it, which is the reason her tongue now hangs out of her mouth (there are no teeth there to stop it from flopping, I guess?). She has to be on an antibiotic for the next week, with a possibility of having to have her teeth professionally cleaned... um, we'll see about that. Do they make kitty dentures? Just checking.

No comments: