Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

3-24-2011

Okay, I am too tired (and a bit too lazy) to post any pictures... but just imagine pictures of a big empty house. Yes, our house is empty. The movers got everything packed and loaded in two days. We spent the night in our big empty house last night, sleeping on blankets spread out on the rather hard floor. We had kept a teeny tiny television, so we had something to watch last night to keep the kids occupied. This morning we slept until we woke up (which was 6:45 for me... ????), got breakfast, and then took care of odds and ends - wiping down counters and sinks, sweeping the floor, loading the cooler with what little was left in our refrigerator, etc. We loaded up and pulled out of the driveway for our very last time at about 11:15 this morning. It was a rather non-ceremonious goodbye. I thought about taking one last family picture in the house or something noteworthy like that, but I figured it might just make us all teary-eyed. So we just went on our way, praying just before we left that the house would be a blessing to the next family just as it has been for us. Tonight we are crashing at Lucas' parents' house. We will head to Indiana in the morning to go buy our new house!! One more night on hard floors (Friday - although Lucas & I will most definitely be utilizing the blow-up mattress this time... the kids can have the floor). The movers will be at the house on Saturday to start unloading. ***** Yesterday was a tough day for me. It was hard to say goodbye to friends we've made. It was sad to know that I was dropping off / picking up from the last day of school. It was difficult to part from teachers who have invested so much of themselves in our children this year. Just an emotional day all around. Cool thing, though. Isaac's classmates each wrote him a letter, and his teacher bound them into a memory book. It was so moving to see not only how he has changed and grown through the year, but also how many little hearts and lives he has touched in doing so. What a total treasure! (Of course, I cried when I read their letters... I'm a bit sappy like that.) Isaac's dear friend Carrie also gave him a special gift - a little bunny figure. He has had it by his side since he got home from school yesterday, even taking it to eat with us and sleeping with it last night. Please be praying for him as we transition... he came home from school yesterday and just sat on my lap and cried for several long and heart-breaking minutes. I know that change is hard for him. He is so precious. We will not have internet until next Wednesday, so it may be a few days before I can post any more updates. But I'll be back soon to let you know how we're doing. **********

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh, I made the mistake of reading this at work... and trying to keep my composure as my eyes tear up.

I totally picture your Issac being my Andrew. I will be praying for you all during this time, but especially him. God bless your new home!