Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Uhhhh.... Not sure what to say to that.....

Sebastian has a book report due next Friday... his report is on J.K. Rowling. We were talking about it after school today, and I told him he could play with his friends for a while, but that later after dinner he would have to spend at least 30 minutes working on his report.

Sebastian - "Well, I already read the book."

Me - "Good, then you can start writing out notes on what to put in your report."

Sebastian - "Well, I already have some notes........ like J.K. Rowling's name."

Me - (blank stare that says, 'are you serious?')

Sebastian - (obviously sensing that I was less-than-impressed) "Well, you know, like what the J and the K stand for." (as if that would for sure impress me.)

Me - (after pausing to think of a nice way to say this, I gave up and just said...) "You have 30 minutes to work on your report tonight."

Sebastian - "Okay" (in the most disappointed 9-year-old voice you can imagine).

**********

No comments: