Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lasts

I realized this morning that we are coming up on another set of Lasts in our lives... last day of school here... last meal we cook here... last load of laundry we wash here (yea!)... and so on. It's bittersweet really. I can't even begin to say how excited I am to be moving... to be with Lucas again every day... to be in the new house with new appliances and, well, new everything. So excited!

But still, it's sad to know that a chapter of life is closing and we are moving on. Sad to say good-bye to friends and people we see every day. The kids and I talked about it at dinner last night, and both boys said the thing they were most nervous about was leaving their friends and making new ones... but mostly just leaving the ones they know and love here. It breaks my heart to make them have to say goodbye.

We are going to try to have a little friend get-together the last weekend we are here. Just to let them hang out and enjoy each other one more time before we go. And we'll have to be sure to get addresses and email and all that good stuff so they can have what they need to be able to keep in touch. Strange to think that next week is their last full week of school here. Their last day will be the Wednesday after next. That will be here before we know it!

**********

1 comment:

Amanda Thorn said...

Karen Kingsbury has an awesome children's book called Let me hold you a longer. It is just about that, lasts. It's very sweet and I had forgotten about it until I just read this. I definitely need to pick it up. You can read some of it on her page.