Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Flashback: Sebastian's Birthday Party

Time to start in on some of our vacation pictures... there are a LOT of them, so I'll share over the course of a few days. Way too many pics to put in one post.

I figured since our trip last week started with Sebastian's birthday party, that was a good place to start for pictures as well.

This year he wanted to do a book-themed party. And of course, the cake master of the family did it again. She put together a seven-book cake for him based on the Harry Potter books. Very fun!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Other than looking like I'm shoving fire up my kid's nose and in his ear, I like this picture. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Meagan waited impatiently during gift opening. They weren't allowed to get in the (freezing cold) pool until her brother was finished opening gifts. She wanted to s.w.i.m.
Photobucket
And because the water was less-than-warm, they all snuggled up for body heat once they got out. I think their Daddy might have dozed off here.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After party festivities, Lucas' brother and his wife hung out for the evening. We sat in the back yard and played dominoes (which was one of the gifts Sebastian had gotten at his party). It was a ton of fun, although Lucas won EVERY single game and fondly dubbed himself the domino master or something super humble like that. I love that man.
Photobucket

Again this year for Sebastian's party my kids ended up being the only kids to show up. :( I always hate that for him. I know it's disappointing for him when people come to Meagan's but not his. I think, though, he is outgrowing the big family party anyway, and next year may be a combo smaller family / friend party. He's pretty excited about the prospects of that.

Ten. He is ten. Can you believe that? *sigh* Six more years until driving. Eight more years until he leaves the house. Gah! I guess I better be sure to enjoy the time while it's here!!

**********

No comments: