Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Novel Idea

Last night after the kids went to bed, I stayed downstairs on the main floor and cleaned up a bit. I swept and mopped, cleaned the dishes, straightened up the living room... all things that had been needing to be done for the past few days.

This morning, it was so nice to come down to clear, clutter-free counter tops, a sparkling floor, and a generally tidy everything else.

When Sebastian came down, he looked around and said, "Wow, it's actually all cleared off and cleaned up for a change." (pause............) "Our house looks great when it's clean! We should keep it clean more often."

I had a palm to forehead moment. It was all I could do to bite my tongue. Gaaah!! I think this is what I've been saying to them broken-record-style for the past, oh I don't know, forever! I'm glad to see someone else is finally on the same page with me. Maybe since it is finally now HIS idea that a clean house would be better than a messy house, just MAYBE it will get done.

Keeping the house clean... what a novel idea!

**********

1 comment:

Val said...

Bless that kid. Send him my way, would you? =)