Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Bedtime Observations

I had the funniest bedtime story time with Meagan the other night. For her bedtime story, she chose 'Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do You Hear?' A story I've ready countless times over the last six years. Never has any of us had quite the reaction to the story that Meagan had a few nights ago.

It starts out, Polar Bear, Polar Bear What do you hear?

Polar Bear responds, I hear a lion (or some other animal...not sure of the exact order) roaring in my ear. Then, the next page moves on to the lion - 'Lion, lion what do you hear?' and so on.

When we got to the Flamingo page, I read, 'Flamingo, flamingo, what do you hear,' to which Meagan promptly replies, "He don't hab (have) any ears!" The same declaration was made when we got to the Boa Constrictor page. Observant little stinker (no, I didn't explain the difference in 'ears' that certain types of animals have...that would just open the door wide up for a silly argument with a stubborn 3-year-old).

No comments: