Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sports Update

I'm not cut out for this! I think I'm just too competitive to be a soccer coach! I thought this morning I was going to scream my voice right out of my head trying to get the kids to follow instructions, but it's like they have ear muffs on! AAAAAHHHH! Truthfully, they played much much better this weekend than they did last weekend. They are starting to understand (a little, at least) the concept of positioning on the field...which is hopeful. But how do you teach kids to be aggressive? I just don't know. It's like they're afraid to break up plays, or take the ball. They all just stand back and give the other team all the room they need to do whatever they want to do. ??? Hmmm...there's still plenty for us to work on, but they're doing well.

T-ball is going really well. I guess Isaac is doing great (although I still haven't been able to watch him play). Lucas says the 'cattle' are being trained well, and they're all starting to get the hang of it. Isaac is doing a great job hitting and playing certain positions. And he's been encouraging others on his team when they need a lift...how awesome is that! And this week, Sebastian had a moment part way through practice when it was as though, all of a sudden, his hand-eye coordination just clicked. He started catching balls, fielding grounders, and hitting pitches...just all of a sudden. He was so cute - the coach was pitching to him, and he had hit a few fouls, and a few that dropped between home and pitcher's mound. The coach said, 'Okay Sebastian, next hit, I want you to run the bases.' When the next pitch was thrown, Sebastian hit it, and it went flying in between 2nd & 3rd and into the outfield. His eyes lit up, he was so excited that he had hit it so far. He forgot to run! LOL! It was a great moment...so fun watching them develop a sense of their abilities, strengths and weaknesses. Very cool.

No comments: