Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

The clock will strike midnight

My latest layout...This one took me a few days to complete. Finally last night I found a HUGE kit online called Enchanted Forest that had a bunch of elements I used to finish it up.

I am not usually one to use song lyrics for quotes, but this time I've broken away from my 'norm.' Since the first time I heard the song Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman, it has been one of my favorites. Truthfully, it's not even the type of music I generally gravitate towards, but the lyrics are beautiful and mean so much to me at this point in my life, especially considering that Meagan and I sometimes struggle with butting heads. This song seems to play over and over in my mind, at times when I feel myself getting frustrated, or when I feel 'too busy' to play with the kids.

One morning while I was getting ready for work, I was listening to satellite radio on tv, and this song came on. I happened to be in the process of doing my hair at that moment, and as I looked in the mirror, I saw Meagan behind me in the reflection. I turned around to look at her. She was playing in my room - making a mess, as usual - in a basket of not-yet-folded laundry. She had a few stuffed animals with her, and she was making castle mountains for each of them out of wadded up clothes. Then she tucked them in gently, covering them up with a shirt or a towel.

It was a pretty typical game for her to be playing, but as I watched her, I realized how quickly she would soon outgrow all of this - the make-believe, the babies and animals, the need for being close to her Momma. I stopped everything I was doing, and I just stood and watched her for what must have been two or three minutes. I was so glad to have had that moment to just be still and realize how amazing she is, and how special this time of her life is.


Journaling: I will dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms, 'cause I know something the prince never knew. I will dance with Cinderella. I don't want to miss even one song. All too soon the clock will strike midnight, and she'll be gone.


Please keep Steven Curtis Chapman and his family in your prayers, as they are attending the funeral of their youngest daughter today. She was five years old.

No comments: