Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Friendly Encounter

Yesterday was the first time that one of the boys went to a friend's house to play without me. And, believe it or not, it wasn't Sebastian. Isaac was invited to a friend's house after school yesterday to play for a few hours. However, there ended up being no school because of the weather (way sub-zero temps, especially with the wind chill around -30). So, after lunch I took him over and dropped him off. When he found out I wasn't staying, he said, "Mom, I'm going to be scared without you there." But I talked to him, and his fears didn't last long. He realized that he is without me a lot - on vacation with Grandma & Grandpa, at school every day, etc. I think he just hadn't made the connection in his mind, and once he did, he was good to go.

He was gone until about 5:30 - a long afternoon of playing! He had a great time, and is still, this morning, reenacting the games they played. Boys are fun!

Tonight Sebastian and Isaac are both invited to a birthday party. It's supposed to be a sleepover, but I won't be able to pick them up in the morning at the time the mother had requested, so I will have to pick them up later tonight. I'm thinking around9:00 or so. They are still excited to go! And then NEXT weekend, Sebastian is invited to a skating birthday party! (I'm not sure he has ever skated before...should be interesting). It's for his G.I.R.L.F.R.I.E.N.D. :) So very funny! What's the deal all of a sudden with my kids' social calender filling up? Sheesh!

No comments: