Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Sleep Interrupted

Last night, around 1:00, Meagan came into our room whimpering. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, "I just want to lay with you." Our kids rarely make an appearance in our room, so I figured, what the heck. She crawled in between Lucas and me, and we all went back to sleep. Mine, however, didn't last long. I spent the next portion of the night getting karate kicked or slapped or punched. Then, around 1:45, she completely rolled over on me and tried to sleep on my chest....um, you're not a 10 lb. baby anymore, this isn't working (never mind her long hair getting in my face and going up my nose every time she turned her head!).

So, I got up and put her back in her own bed. Then laid back down. And laid there. And laid there. At 4:15, I was still awake (yes, almost 3 hours later!). It was so bad, that around 3:00, I started considering getting up and drinking some tea or hot chicken broth, maybe reading a bit, I even considered blogging just for something to do! I, however, remained in bed, and kept trying to fall asleep. I think I finally started to fade around 4:30, just in time for Lucas' alarm to start going off just before 5:00...are you kidding?! Once he got up, I slept a little longer, and probably got up around 7:30. I have a feeling I'm gonna feel sleepy around nap time!

No comments: