Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Like static cling

We are coming up to the close of our first week of summer break (already?!), and I have a few observations. First, for the most part, the kids have been really good, with a few minor skirmishes thrown in. They learned a hard lesson a few weekends back about keeping their toys picked up, so they've been staying on top of that pretty well. And we've had a good deal of outside playing weather, so they've been able to be out in the fresh air, running and burning off pent up energy. Always a plus.

The down side? Meagan has gotten super clingy to me all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong, every mommy in her right mind loves snuggles and cuddle time, but she has reverted to wanting me to carry her everywhere; she's doing lots of baby talk; and she just generally doesn't want me to leave her sight. At first I couldn't figure out what the deal was. Then yesterday it dawned on me (at least I formed a pretty solid theory??). I think it's because the boys have now invaded her Mommy and Meagan time - you know, every day that they're in school and I'm at home with her - just her. Now she's having to share, and I kind of wonder if this is her way of making sure she doesn't get overlooked.

Hopefully I can stay alert and be sure to give her individual attention...and HOPEFULLY the clingyness (is that a word?) will subside...soon. I hope.

No comments: