Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

A season ends...

Well, school is now over. Meagan and I went to the school at about 11:50 to spend some time with each of the boys in their classrooms one last time. Sebastian's classroom was kind of chaotic - kids everywhere, cleaning off desks, packing up book bags, handing out last-minute papers from the school year. From there, we headed down to Isaac's classroom, only to find them already lined up in the hallway to leave. He saw us and came running over, all ready to go. I told him to say goodbye to his teacher before we left. So, he ran over to her and gave her a big hug and told her thank you and goodbye. Up 'til this point I was doing okay. But she hugged him, and then had the whole class say 'Goodbye Isaac,' and all of a sudden, my eyes teared up, and I got a big lump in my throat. I'm such a baby! I just can't help but look at all the changes - particularly the new school next year - and I know that it's very likely the last time the boys will really see or interact with these teachers who have poured themselves into my children for the past 10 months. I guess that's life - always changing and moving forward. And it's a truth of life that certain people are in our lives only for a season, while others are much more permanent. I am just thankful that they have each had very loving, positive influences in their lives, even if only for a short season.

And so school comes to a close, and summer vacation begins. Woohoo!!! And next school year is only a few months away, with new opportunity and the start of yet another season. Life is good.


***

No comments: